Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Polish Change - OPI DS Temptation

This is the polish I had on before I switched to DS Temptation. It's the Franken Polish I made, this picture is after it's been on for like 3 days so it lasted pretty well.


And here is OPI's DS Temptation in all of it's glory!


Ok, so first it is so much more glittery in person! This polish is a blueish/purple base with multi colored tiny glitter pieces. This is part of OPI's Designer Series so you'll have to pay a little more than normal for it. I paid $12.50 for it and found it in JC Penney's hair salon which always has a really good selection of OPI surprisingly.



When I put the first coat on I seriously wanted to cry! I thought it was so ugly and sheer...




The second coat I started to feel a little better, still wasn't thrilled though.


And then BOOM it happened! With the third coat it all came together and I was so happy!

What I love about this polish: The color is very unique, I have over 100 bottles of nail polish and this one really sticks out to me. Though the first coat was ugly and make my nails look kinda dirty, after the third coat it was opaque. It was easy to apply, spreading pretty evenly. Also, this polish dried very fast!

What I dislike about this polish: It dries very gritty, you can feel the glitter and texture even after 2 coats of top coat. I'm also not a huge fan that I had to apply 3 coats of this polish because I've found that when you apply more than 2 coats the polish sometimes chips a little easier.

Overall, I'd give this polish a B+, I was a lot more excited about the color in the bottle than when it was on my nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment